Celebrity Gossip | Hot Gossip and Celebrity News

Friday, February 26, 2010

John Mayer: Still Apologizing


Continuing to try and mend the situation, John Mayer was back to apologizing for his controversial Playboy magazine interview – during which he used what many feel to be inappropriate language.

Talking to the crowd at his Madison Square Garden gig last night, Mayer said, “I hate to come off like an a**hole ever, and thank you guys for believing that I am not an a**hole.”

The “Why Georgia?” singer continued, “Never, ever in my entire life did I ever think that it would be a good idea to be an a**hole. But you know what? There’s plenty of a**holes who think the same thing, so I have to thank you… It’s a clean me now, people, clean me.”

Following the night’s rockin’ performance, Mayer took to his Twitter to thank his fans for braving the nasty weather, tweeting, “MSG crowd, will you tweet me when you get home safe? It’s bad out. Oh and HOLY SHNIKES. You were unreal tonight.”